Many new mothers store baby food in the jars in which they come. If you want to make it easier to portion and stop wasting baby food, then you should use some of the best baby food storage containers. When using these containers, you can do one week of individual servings at a time.
When you are using baby food storage containers, it will help to take the guesswork out of measuring out the correct amount before each meal. They can save you time on preparing food for your baby, serving time, and cleanup time. The best baby food storage containers will make feeding your baby on the go a lot easier.
The Facts About Baby Food Storage Contains
1. What is the best material? This is the preference of the parents but most like glass better.
2. Is it safe to use plastic? Yes, it is safe to use as long as they are phthalates and BPA-free. If not, then any chemicals in the plastic could leach into the food.
3. What are the right size containers to purchase? When starting out eating baby food, the smaller portions are the best. You should start with two-to-four-ounce containers. As the baby gets older you can move to the six-to-eight-ounce containers.
4. What features to look for? Make sure they are freezer, microwave, and dishwasher safe. If not microwave-safe, you will have to defrost the food in the refrigerator. Make sure that they have a tight lid and are leak-proof. They should be eco-friendly, stackable, and 100% food-grade safe. It is best if you get the six-ounce ones with measurement marks so as your baby grows older you will not have to get new storage containers. You can just add more food as the need grows.
5. How long can you store homemade baby food? You can store it in the freezer for three-to-six months and the refrigerator for 48 hours. For the most nutritional value, you should use it by three months. If left out, throw out after two hours.
6. When should you replace them? They should last for years. With glass containers, replace them if they have any chips or cracks. Replace any plastic containers if they warped or become stained. If they are more than 15 years old, they may not be phthalate and BPA-free. If the lids begin to not fit, buy a new set. If the lids do not work, it can allow germs and bacteria into the food. Replace them if they give off a funky smell.
7. Date each one so you are making sure that your baby is getting one that is fresh.
8. Wash them before using them because there could be dirt or residue on them when they are new. You do not want your baby to eat this stuff and become sick.
Types of Baby Food Storage Containers
- Glass: These are a popular choice because they are easy to sterilize. There is nothing in them that will affect your food.
- Snaplock: These are the ones that are designed for longevity and heavy-duty storage. With the waterproof and airtight seal, the food will stay fresher longer.
- Baby food jars: Although they come in a variety of sizes and shapes, jars are the best baby food storage containers. The reason is that they are easy to transport and can store small amounts.
- Freezer trays: These are great if you are into making and storing homemade baby food.
- Plastic: If you are on a budget, these are the most affordable. Before purchasing these baby food storage containers make sure that they are BPA-free.
Price Range for the Best Baby Food Storage Containers
On average, the best baby food containers range in cost between $10 and $50. The price is figured on how many containers come in a set and the quality of the container.
- Inexpensive: These budget-friendly containers generally cost between $10-$20. Most will have 10 sets including lids. Some have as many as 20 sets.
- Mid-range: These baby food storage containers cost between $20-$35. They often have stackable features. They are of better quality. Many times, they have the same number of pieces as the inexpensive sets.
- Expensive: The best baby food storage containeris in this price range. They cost $35-$50. These sets are generally made of higher quality glass. They often have more than 20 sets, including lids.
Tips for Buying the Best Baby Food Storage Containers
- They should be free of PVC, toxins, phthalates, and BPA.
- Lids need to clamp down correctly to prevent spillage and contamination.
- They need to be freezer, dishwasher, and microwave safe.
- They need to be 100% food-grade safe.
- They should not come with any allergens.
- When choosing glass, make sure it is eco-friendly and of the highest quality.
- It can help if they are stackable as these do not take up as much space.
Making Your own Baby Food
You have these great baby food storage containers so why not take the time and fill them with homemade baby food. It is not all that hard to do so. Homemade baby food not only tastes better but also contains more nutrients. To keep the most nutrients in the baby food, you need to lightly steam it but not boil it. You can also puree ripe fruits without cooking them.
With homemade baby food, it is also healthier for them than the processed ones. It will also give your baby different consistencies and textures. With homemade baby food, it is easier to transition to table foods because they are already used to the tastes and texture of fresh fruits and vegetables. The ingredients in homemade baby food are of better quality.
When making your homemade baby food you will need some type of blender or food processor. This piece of equipment will make pureeing, chopping, and mixing the various foods faster and easier. For some soft fruits and vegetables, you can use a fork to mash them.
Always make sure that before you use any of the vegetables and fruits that they are washed and scrubbed to remove any dirt. Remove all seeds, pits, and skins. When cooking the food, make sure that you cook it until it is tender. You can add some spices but make sure it does not bother your baby’s stomach when eating it.
Always make sure that the texture is right, so the baby does not choke. When making pureed baby food, you can thin it out with formula, water, or breastmilk. Your baby will love the taste of homemade baby food.
|Product Name Sage Spoonfuls Tough Glass Combo Pack Baby Food Storage Containers WeeSpout Glass Baby Food Storage Jars Glass Baby Food Storage Containers WeeSprout Leakproof Baby Food Storage Plastic QOOC Baby Food Storage Freezer Containers WeeSprout Silicone Baby Food Freezer Tray with Clip-on Lid Samuelworld Baby Food Storage Container Rozer Baby Food Blocks Containers Baby Food Storage Tray Collapsible Youngever Baby Food Storage ALEMAR Glass Baby Food Storage Containers Ball Glass Food Storage Containers Mumi&Bubi Solids Starter Kit Melii Snap & Go Baby Food Freezer Containers & Snack Containers||Stars out of 5 4.8 4.8 4.8 4.8 4.7 4.8 4.8 4.4 5 4.7 5 4.9 4.6 4.7||Amount 4-4-ounce Jars 2–7-ounce bowls 12 set 4 ounces each 12 set 4 ounces each 12 set 4 ounces each 12-4-ounce Containers 10 1.5-ounce containers 12-2.5-ounce containers 24-4-ounce blocks 4-blocks-60ml each 18-set 6-ounce container 12-set 5-ounce container 12-set 4-ounce Containers 21-1-ounce cubes 6 pack 2-ounce containers||Price $29.99 $29.99 $30.99 $19.97 $15.99 $15.47 $12.99 $26.99 $14.99 $19.95 $27.99 $29.99 $28.89 $9.99|
14 Best Baby Food Storage Containers
Sage Spoonfuls Tough Glass Combo Pack Baby Food Storage Containers
This manufacturer’s baby food containers are made of Tough Glass, which is thermal shock resistant. They are made from super-strong borosilicate glass. They can withstand up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit in a regular oven. There is no need to defrost them first.
The snap-on lids are leakproof and airtight so the food inside is kept fresh. With these baby food storage containers, you can portion, store, warm, and serve all in the same container making mealtimes a breeze. There are measurement marks on each container to make sure you get the right portion size. They are perfect for on-the-go or at home.
- Five times stronger than regular glass.
- Can go safely from the freezer to a preheated oven or microwave.
- Free of lead, PVC, BPA, and phthalate.
- Airtight snap led helps to prevent freezer burn.
- In the freezer, they will stay fresh for up to three months.
- No cons
WeeSprout Glass Baby Food Storage Jars
These come in a bright variety of colors. The baby food storage container jars have measurement markings to help eliminate food waste. Using baby food storage jars help to reduce the use of disposable containers. These containers are also stackable to make storing easier.
Being non-porous, they will not absorb liquids, food, or any other harmful extras. The freshness is kept in by the airtight lids that are twisted on. Your child will not have to worry about stale munchies or freezer-burned food. When you put it in the microwave, you do not have to remove the lid.
- Made of high-food-grade glass.
- Has an ergonomic design to make them easier to handle without dropping them.
- Non-porous and all-natural.
- Freezer, microwave, dishwasher friendly.
- Comes with a dry erase marker so you can mark the lids as to what is inside.
- Not made in the USA.
- Cannot boil the lids to sterilize them like you can the containers.
- Some have problems with the jars cracking.
Glass Baby Storage Containers
These glass baby food storage containers are oven, microwave, freezer, fridge, and dishwasher safe. If warmed in the oven, the lids need to be taken off first. The easy smart lock has a silicone gasket ring to help prevent any leakage.
They have a wide mouth, so it is easy to fill them with spilling the food. The locking system will also keep the food fresh because it is airtight. Each container has a marked measurement of up to four ounces. The jars are of high-quality material and eco-friendly. The compact design allows you to stack for easy storage.
- Made with special high-grade borosilicate glass, which is four times stronger than regular glass containers.
- Thermal shock resistant
- Can go directly from freezer to oven or microwave without needing it to defrost it first.
- Can stand as high as 560 C or as cold as -40 C.
- Free of phthalate, mercury, PVC, BPA, and lead.
- Not made in the USA.
- Package it arrives in is not very protective of items inside.
WeeSprout Leakproof Baby Food Storage 12 Container Set, Plastic
These baby food storage jars come in six colors and a variety pack. They are made without any additives or other harmful material. The lids are screw-on. The set comes with a dry erase marker so you can mark the contents on the lids.
- Easy to clean, use, and store.
- They are leak proof, unbreakable, and reusable.
- Freezer and dishwasher friendly.
- Lids seal tight for freshness.
- No PVC, phthalates, BPA, or lead
- These are made of plastic and not glass.
- Can be used in the microwave but it is not recommended as they are plastic.
- No measurement marks on the side of the jars.
- Markers do not wash off the lids well.
QOOC Baby Food Freezer Containers
This set comes with twelve four-ounce containers and a sheet of labels to mark the containers. The baby food containers have a transparent matte shell. They are easy to store due to the nested bottoms and lids.
The spiral sealed lids help to ensure that they are waterproof, leak-proof, and airtight. They can go from the freezer to the microwave to the dishwasher top shelf.
- Made of food-grade BPA and PP.
- You can see the stored food inside the containers.
- They are free of lead, phthalate, and PVC.
- No measurement markings.
- Once you run out of labels you will have to devise another way to mark them.
- Can get stained by food pigments.
- The lid does not align with the container very well.
WeeSprout Silicone Baby Food Freezer Tray with Clip-on Lid
These baby food storage containers are made especially for the freezer but can be used to store breast milk, purees, and baby food. It comes in six colors. The individual servings are easy to pop out. The hard plastic lid easily snaps on.
It is made of premium food-grade silicone that is naturally stain and odor resistant. The baby food container tray is one hundred percent food quality.
- Easy to stack in the refrigerator or freezer.
- Although they are 1.5 ounces, there is a one-ounce mark so you can use a smaller serving if needed.
- Contains no additives.
- Can be used in microwave and oven up to 425 degrees F.
- Not made in the USA.
- Primarily used for storing breast milk or baby food in the freezer and not in the refrigerator.
- Some state the food tasted like plastic or had a weird chemical taste.
Samuelworld Food Storage Container
This is also a freezer tray and baby food storage container. You can get it in pink or blue. It is very easy to use. All you have to do after freezing, to release the food is push the soft silicone bottom. You can release as many as you need. It naturally resists odor. They are versatile and can also be used for freezing breast milk.
- Dishwasher safe.
- The hard clip-on lid helps keep the frozen food fresh longer.
- ● Free of BPA, lead, PVC, and phthalate.
- Can be used in an oven up to 425 degrees F and in the microwave.
- No measurement marks.
- If you want to label them, you have to order labels.
Rozer 24 Pieces Baby Food Blocks Containers
These are made of quality polypropylene plastic and can hold most types of food. The foods will be kept fresh for a long time. It is non-toxic. It is also tasteless to use. The manufacturer states there is a leak hole design at the bottom that will allow you to clean them and not leave any water droplets. They come in a variety of colors in each set.
Always make sure that you remove the lid before you put them in the microwave or the dishwasher.
- Watertight, airtight, leak-proof, and unbreakable.
- Easy to store, portion, and portable to use.
- Can easily store liquid in them and carry them with you with no leak issues.
- Refrigerator, freezer, dishwasher, and microwave safe.
- Only comes with one sheet of food labels.
- No measurement markers.
- Size is measured by hand so the actual size may be a little different in each one.
Baby Food Storage Tray Collapsible
With this tray, you can portion out the food and keep it fresh. It is made of premium quality PP and silicone. This baby food storage tray is collapsible, so it is easy to store. The transparent lid is BPA-free and will give the container an airtight seal. The lid prevents any spills or leakages.
- Food-grade material and is odorless.
- Can also be used to store formula or breast milk.
- The flexible design makes it easy to remove frozen food.
- The tray is oil- and temperature-resistant making it durable.
- Only has four containers in one tray so it’s a bit expensive for what you get.
Youngever 18 Sets Baby Food Storage
This set comes with 18 baby food storage containers, so it is a great bargain. It also comes with 36-extra label lid labels. They are safe and sturdy. The containers are made of high-quality plastic material. The different colored lids help make it easier to portion and serve your baby’s food. You can use one color for each day or different types of food.
- Microwave, top-rack dishwasher, and microwave safe.
- Free of lead and BPA
- The screw-on lid helps to make it leak-proof.
- Has measurement marks.
- Some say that the lids, after going through the dishwasher, become warped and unusable.
ALEMAR Glass Baby Storage Containers with Lids
One thing that makes these the best baby food storage containers is the attractive gift box. For the baby shower, it does not require any extra wrapping. In addition to baby food, these containers can also be used for dry snacks, such as cereal or animal crackers for toddlers.
The glass that these baby food containers are made from are stronger than regular glass containers. They are made to last. These containers are stain and odor resistant. The smaller size makes them easy to carry in a diaper bag. The silicone gasket ring and three snap lock makes these baby food storage containers leak-proof and airtight. It keeps food fresh.
- They are microwave, top-rack dishwasher, and freezer safe.
- ● Non-toxic glass food containers made from high-grade borosilicate glass.
- Free of phthalate, PVC, and BPA.
- Easy to store because they are stackable.
- No measurement marks for smaller portions.
Ball Glass Food Storage
Using these baby food storage containers has never made feeding your baby so easy. They are ideal for storing, portioning, warming, and then serving your baby food. They are durable glass construction. The airtight seal plastic lids help to make these storage containers leak-proof. The lids are easy to screw on.
The bottom of the containers snaps to the top of the lids below them, so it makes stacking them easy.
- Made of soda-lime glass in the USA.
- Food grade quality that ensures they are toxin-free.
- BPA free.
- Microwave, water bath, freezer, and dishwasher safe
- No measurements on the jar but does have the signature Ball name.
- Only four ounces so when the baby starts to eat more you will have to get bigger storage containers.
- Lids can sometimes be hard to take off.
Mumi&Bubi Solid Starter Kit
These baby food storage containers are reusable baby food storage trays. They are considered a starter kit. The lids fit snugly on the trays to help prevent freezer burn and spoilage. With the rounded shape, it is easy to clean as there are no tricky corners that the food could get caught in.
It comes with a recipe book to help you make homemade baby food if you want to go that route. To pop out the cubes, all you need to do is press on one end of the frozen cube. It will slide out easily. You can take out just what you need or take them all out and store them in a freezer bag. When taking out the cubes make sure you are not twisting the tray.
- Stackable and compact
- Has 21 one-ounce portions, which equals about two tablespoons.
- Top shelf dishwasher and freezer safe.
- Although made in New Zealand, they are PVC and BPA-free and certified non-toxic.
- Durable, thick, and no staining issues.
- Expensive for what you get.
- Only usable until your baby needs more food at a time, which could be when they are six months or older.
- The lid is not very secure on the trays according to some reviews.
- Cannot store food in the trays longer than 24 hours without the food forming freezer burn and ice crystals.
Melii Snap & Go Baby Food Freezer Containers & Snack Containers
These are stackable, detachable, multi-colored baby food storage containers. They are great for taking food on the go. The baby food storage containers can be attached horizontally. This is great if you want to offer your toddler two or three different snacks at once. They also stack vertically.
With the airtight lids, it will help to prevent freezer burn and spills. The products are designed by two mothers in Canada. When you heat the food in the microwave, you need to remove the lid.
- Free of PVC, lead, Cadmium, and BPA.
- Top rack dishwasher, freezer, and microwave safe.
- Lids snap on to make them leak-proof and airtight.
- Only two ounces so you may need to use more than one when your baby is eating more food.
Any of these baby food storage containers would make a great baby shower gift for the new mother. If she is a first- or third-time mother, she may not have used these and will be surprised how easy it can make her life. She will be glad to receive this as a gift.
Take your time when choosing baby food storage containers to ensure that they meet all the safety standards. They should be lead, BPA, PVC, and phthalate-free. The best baby food storage containers are made of borosilicate glass. Plastic baby food containers are okay as long as they are safe for the baby.