Connect with us

World

Macron's plot exposed: President's opponents 'fighting' bitter 'war' among themselves

Published

on

[ad_1]

As France prepares to choose its next president, Mr Macron is still to officially declare his candidacy. And though that can only be a matter of days away, his opponents are in a “war of nerves”, the national press claims.

With April 10, the day of the first vote, fast approaching, speculation over when the 44-year-old president will speak out on his next step is on the rise.

French journalist Julie Marie Leconte wrote: “If rumours are rife for an announcement at the end of February, in any case, the head of state will have to come out of his silence before March 4 and the deadline for filing candidacies.”

One person close to the French leader told France Info: “Where are the advantages of waiting?”

“His opponents are fighting each other while waiting for him to enter the ring.”

READ MORE: Trump RETURNS to politics to help Macron rival win French election

Another, speaking of the Paris International Agricultural Show starting on February 26, said Mr Macron will be “the only one not to go as a candidate” if no announcement comes before.

They added: “Unless he declares himself there

“It would be symbolic, but it would lack solemnity.”

The show, one of the nation’s favourite events, has a history that dates back more than a century.

Now held in Paris, it was largely promoted by former President Jacques Chirac and every year welcomes nearly 700,000 visitors interested in French gastronomy.

One of Mr Macron’s advisers, commenting on an announcement before the event, told RMC: “It would be his first appearance as a candidate, on a perfect theme: rurality.”

Meanwhile, another adviser claimed: “We are proposing all the possible options, and then he will choose.

“The big debates, the meetings… nothing is officially decided.”

Marlène Schiappa, junior minister for citizenship, said: “It’s a very personal decision. The candidates have until the beginning of March to declare themselves.”

But someone from the president’s inner circle pointed at foreign policy as a key driver. They said: “If the crisis in Ukraine is not behind us, Emmanuel Macron could wait a little longer, until early March.”

The escalation of the conflict with the Kremlin has in the last week led to Western leaders ramping up their diplomatic efforts to defuse tensions and try to avert a war in Eastern Europe.

DON’T MISS
Emmanuel Macron blamed for mass hospital closures [INSIGHT]
France and EU block plans to ease Channel crossing crisis [REPORT]

New poll shows 63 percent of French want EU referendum [ANALYSIS]

The French president was one among several who held emergency meetings with Vladimir Putin.

After his last visit to Moscow, in which he hoped for “historic solutions”, he said: “We cannot resolve this crisis in a few hours of talks.

“It will be the days and the weeks and the months to come that will allow us to progress.”

Mr Macron on Friday described the situation in eastern Ukraine as very worrying, hinting his inner circle might be right and the president might focus much of his attention on the crisis.

While the names of those who have gathered the necessary 500 endorsements from elected officials to qualify for the first-round ballot paper won’t be announced until early next month, only a handful of politicians seem to be truly in the race to lead Western Europe’s second-largest country for the next five years.

Polls suggest that for the time being, even without the full list of candidates, Mr Macron, Valérie Pécresse and Marine Le Pen have the highest chances.

Among the other candidates, only Éric Zemmour and hard-left Jean-Luc Mélenchon are on the way to securing more than 10 percent of the vote.

Additional reporting Maria Ortega



[ad_2]

Entertainment

Pay Attention To Childhood Cancer

Published

on

Childhood Cancer

Childhood cancer is not very common, since it is estimated that for every 100 adults affected by cancer, there is one child who suffers from it. It comprises numerous types of tumors that develop in children and adolescents from 0 to 18 years of age. The most common types are leukemia, brain tumor, lymphomas, and solid tumors such as neuroblastoma and Willms tumor (kidney tumor).

Don’t Ignore Signs

Sometimes the symptoms of childhood cancer can be confused with those of other diseases, so it can take time to obtain a timely diagnosis that allows the disease to be treated in time. In this sense. Most doctors recommend that parents not ignore the signs, among which are persistent bone and abdominal pain, fever without apparent causes for more than a week, bruising or bleeding from the nose or gums, tumor or node growth, weight loss, among others.

Genetic Factors

Genetic factors and malformations play an important role in the onset of the disease, unlike in adults, where environmental factors such as infectious agents, radiation, smoking, minerals, and chemical compounds have a high incidence. In children, the main cause is still unknown.

The Diagnosis 

There are numerous diagnostic tests used to detect childhood cancer; these allow to determine the type of tumor, where it is located and if it has invaded neighboring organs, (if it has metastasized) for which laboratory tests, imaging studies, and biopsies are used. From which the type of treatment to be used to combat the disease will be established.

Medical Treatment

Many doctors give the reassurance that childhood cancer should be treated in institutions where there is a multidisciplinary health team, such as the Cancer Institute. This team consists of pediatric surgeons, radiation oncologists, orthopedists, hematologists, clinical oncologists, psycho-oncologists, among others.

Seek Local Help

The treatment is multidisciplinary, where excellence, professionalism, dedication, avant-garde in medical knowledge are combined, whose main objective is the fight against cancer. You should also consider local centers that offer cancer care Orange County-based.

Read more: Ryan Garcia and Who is Ryan Garcia Net Worth

 

Continue Reading

World

'This is huge' Swedish Air Force jet deployed over Belarus border in threat to Putin

Published

on

[ad_1]

The Scandinavian country is not a member of NATO, but could be ready to trade in its neutral status in the wake of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.

News of Stockholm’s decision to send a jet was revealed by twitter user Jamming.

They wrote: “Swedish Air Force Korpen active over Poland border area with Belarus.

“Sweden part of surveillance of Belarus and Ukraine!!!

“This is a huge political statement! Update on SwAF Korpen.”

 

The Gulfstream IV aircraft was tracked taking off from Linking airport and then flying towards the city of Grodno in western Belarus.

It was flying at an altitude of just under 12,000 metres at a speed of 836 kilometres per hour.

Although Sweden is not a NATO member, it is an “enhanced opportunity partner” of the military alliance.

The government also signed a statement in 2018 pledging to strengthen its defence cooperation.

Swedish Prime Minister Magdalena Andersson rejected calls by opposition parties earlier this month for the country to join NATO.

She argued that such a move would further destabilise Europe.

Her statement came in the wake of threats from Moscow that NATO membership would bring “serious military-political consequences” for Sweden.

However, there is growing public support among Swedes for their country to join the transatlantic military alliance.

A poll conducted in late February by broadcaster SVT found that 41 percent of the public supported NATO membership, while thirty-five percent were against.

It was the first time an opinion study in Sweden had found more people in favour of the country joining NATO than were against it.

MORE TO FOLLOW….



[ad_2]

Continue Reading

World

Putin humiliated: Russia tries and fails to capture defiant Ukraine village for tenth time

Published

on

[ad_1]

Russia has tried and failed to capture the village of the Chornobaevka ten times, according to Ukrainian presidential adviser Aleksey Arestovich. Videos shared by Ukrainian officials online showed the “tenth defeat of the Russian invaders in Chornobaevka”. The continued failures to capture the village comes as Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said last night that his country’s forces had “dealt powerful blows” to the Russian military.

Mr Arestovich told a press conference that Russian troops had tried to take Chornobaevka for the tenth time, but the assault again ended in failure.

Following this, the head of the nearby Mykolaiv Regional State Administration Vitaly Kim published a video showing “the defeat” as explosions erupt on the outskirts of the village.

The resolute village has become famous in Ukraine for its defence, as President Zelensky commended Chornobaivka last weekend for fending off six invasions at the time.

He said: “Ukrainian Chornobaivka will go down in war history. This is a place where the Russian military and their commanders have shown themselves for who they truly are – incompetent, capable of simply handing over their people for slaughter.

“Our military has annihilated the invaders near Chornobaivka six times.

“Six times, yet they keep coming back.”

JUST IN: Putin on brink of major RETREAT in Kyiv

Online users ridiculed the latest Russian failures and hailed the Ukrainian defiance, with one Reddit user remarking: “At some point, I think every military intelligence outfit looking at this must be wondering how bad the rot is in the Russian military.”

One user visavillem added: “So this is the 10th time. Are Russians trying to bait Ukrainians to waste ammo with some obsolete/broken equipment, or are they really so stupid, that they keep stepping on the same rake again and again?”

Another user on Reddit adfgqert posted: “The Ukrainian people have resolve and determination that is beyond what I think is normal.

“Beyond inspirational and they bring fighting for what they believe in to a new level for me.” 

This comes amid ongoing setbacks for Russian military forces in the south of the country.

Earlier this week, it was reported that Russia had withdrawn most of its helicopters from a strategic airport in Kherson, in southern Ukraine, according to satellite images.

Kherson has also been the site of several local protests against the occupying Russian soldiers.

The official said: “We can’t corroborate exactly who is in control of Kherson but the point is, it doesn’t appear to be as solidly in Russian control as it was before.

“That would make it very, very difficult for them to make any kind of ground movement on Odesa.

“That would be a significant development, no question about that, in terms of the southern part of the war.” 



[ad_2]

Continue Reading

Trending